Monday, August 23, 2010

Swollen, Crepey Eyes--need a good natural hypoallergenic eye cream?

I'm 45 and one month ago I woke up with my eyes swollen shut, having had an allergic reaction to something (still not sure what). My eyes ballooned out and now that the swelling is gone I'm left with crepey wrinkles I never had before on my lids and under the eye. Like elephant skin. I need to find a good inexpensive, natural hypoallergenic eye cream but I'm afraid to try anything new since they still itch a bit. I'm overwhelmed with TMI on the Internet and I don't know what products to believe in since all of them seem to claim to be the greatest answer. HELP! :( Any feedback would be VERY much appreciated. Sorry if this is a repeat question. I rarely use this Yahoo thing.Swollen, Crepey Eyes--need a good natural hypoallergenic eye cream?
Hydrocortisone cream (available at any drug store) will take down the swelling and the itch. Use the 0.5% concentration in small amounts, and be sure not to actually get it in your eye.





Preparation H also works very well to reduce swelling around the eyes. I know this sounds like an April fool's joke, but the hemorrhoid cream is really good at shrinking swollen tissue (regardless of where it is on the body). It's been a standby for salesmen, public speakers, and harried housewives for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment